Earth Day 2021
Join Burlington Electric Department in celebrating Earth Day 2021! This year’s Earth Day theme is Restore Our Earth™ and focuses on natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the world’s ecosystems. In 2014, Burlington became the first city in the nation to source 100% of its electricity from renewable generation, and we are working on our next bold goal to make Burlington a Net Zero Energy city across the thermal and ground transportation sectors by 2030..
Check out our list of activities, watch one of our recent webinars, and help us celebrate Earth Day 2021 in a socially-distant and safe way!
Opportunities to Learn
View one of our recent webinars on innovative technologies, Net Zero Energy (NZE), and energy efficiency:
- Button up Your Home for Winter | Energy Coaching
- Cooling and Dehumidifying with Heat Pumps | Energy Coaching
- Let’s Talk EV’s | Energy Coaching
- Net Zero Energy | Energy Coaching
Action Steps You Can Take
- If you are a resident or business in Burlington, consider how you can help with Burlington’s transition to Net Zero Energy.
- Check out Burlington Electric Department’s Green Stimulus program for residential or business customers.
- Consider ridesharing with our friends at CarShare. Take their EV for a drive!
- Learn about Transportation Equity with our friends at Old Spokes Home.
- Ride one of Green Mountain Transit’s two Electric Buses through Burlington.
- If you’re an Electric Vehicle driver, learn the locations of community car chargers.