BED Energy Assistance Program
BED continues to focus on supporting our customers who have experienced financial hardships and reminds our customers about the availability of our Energy Assistance Program. This program provides a 12.5 percent discount for eligible participating customers.
Net Zero Energy Podcast
The City of Burlington, Vermont’s goal is to reduce, and eventually eliminate, fossil fuel usage. In this podcast series, Burlington’s Director of Sustainability Jennifer Green and her guests will be sharing ways we can all reduce our energy usage for heating, driving, and everything else we plug in.
While working at 1-800-Got-Junk, Josh Costa saw tons of mattresses being sent to the landfill and was inspired to start Sleep Well Recycling. Josh’s new business takes apart retired mattresses so they can recycle the component materials and divert 75%-100% of it away from the landfill and over to a recycling center or to McNeil Generating Station.
Net Zero Energy News
- Sustainable Forestry To Produce Electricity November 7, 2023 - Burlington Electric Department's professionally licensed foresters share details about forest management methods.
- Partners Energize Innovative UVM Solar Research and Training Facility Located at McNeil Generating Station October 30, 2023 - Renewable Energy Array Will Provide Solar Research, Training, and Funding Opportunities for UVM, Serve as Step Toward McNeil Becoming Innovation Campus
- Burlington Unveils Vermont’s First All-Electric Bucket Truck August 24, 2023 - BED’s E-Bucket Truck for Line Crew Replaces Fossil Fuel Truck In Important Step toward Net Zero Energy
- Oakledge Park Home to Burlington’s Newest EV Charger August 4, 2023 - Dual-Port, Level 2 Charger is First Installed at any Burlington City Park
- Burlington Issues 2022 Net Zero Energy Roadmap Update June 13, 2023 - City Ahead of Pace in Ground Transportation Sector; More Progress Needed in Building Sector; Overall Emissions Remain Lower than 2018 Baseline.