BED Energy Assistance Program
BED continues to focus on supporting our customers who have experienced financial hardships and reminds our customers about the availability of our Energy Assistance Program. This program provides a 12.5 percent discount for eligible participating customers.
Lower Your Bill
The best way to lower your bill is to understand how your home is currently using electricity. Your online account can show you how your usage varies from month to month, day to day, and even in 15-minute increments so you can figure out the best way to start saving.
Net Zero Energy Podcast
The City of Burlington, Vermont’s goal is to reduce, and eventually eliminate, fossil fuel usage. In this podcast series, Burlington’s Director of Sustainability Jennifer Green and her guests will be sharing ways we can all reduce our energy usage for heating, driving, and everything else we plug in.
Will Clavelle, Assistant Director of Small Business Development for the City of Burlington talks about his journey from CEDO to the Department of Business and Workforce Development. This newly created department helped keep many businesses alive during the pandemic and they’re continually working toward bringing new businesses into the City.
Ingrid Malmgren, Policy Director for Plug In America, joins us this week to talk about the national nonprofit’s efforts to transition us away from fossil fuel-burning vehicles. Ingrid has worked to demonstrate the benefits of EVs to consumers, utilities, public health, the economy, the environment, energy security, and the electric grid.
Net Zero Energy News
- Seeking Customer Input on Proposed Miscellaneous Service Fees February 28, 2024 - We invite our customers to review our proposed updated Miscellaneous Service fees and to provide feedback.
- Seeking Customer Input on Miscellaneous Service Fees January 30, 2024 - At Burlington Electric Department (BED), we assess various Miscellaneous Fees pursuant to a tariff approved by the Public Utility Commission
- Mayor Weinberger, Burlington Electric Department, Vermont Environmental Organizations Support Ambitious 100% Renewable Energy Standard Update January 11, 2024 - Burlington Electric Would Keep Existing Renewable Resources, Procure Significant New Renewable Energy to Meet Load Growth from Electrification
- January 2024 North Avenue News January 2, 2024 - Burlington Electric Department Highlights Ways to Save Money
- Sustainable Forestry To Produce Electricity November 7, 2023 - Burlington Electric Department's professionally licensed foresters share details about forest management methods.