Ways To Save – Residential
BED’s Energy Services team is available to help you save energy during these challenging times. We are happy to do virtual visits to your home or business via laptop, tablet, or cell phone. We will Zoom in to review your energy usage patterns one-on-one and help you learn where savings opportunities may be. Our Energy Services team can help you with your specific project.
- Avoid standby power: most electronics consume electricity when plugged in, even when turned off, the screen is blank, or the speaker is silent. This “standby power” can be a sneaky contributor to your electric bill. Using a power strip guarantees that no energy will be used by any of the devices plugged into it when the power strip is turned off. Smart power strips can help you save up to $200 per year by avoiding standby power costs.
- Clean your fridge coils: use your vacuum hose attachment to clean the coils under or behind your refrigerator. Clean coils allow the refrigerator to operate more efficiently.
- Lint-free dryer hoses: make sure your dryer exhaust hose is clear of all lint to make your dryer use less energy per load and reduce a potential fire hazard.
How Can I Help
- Talk with your friends and neighbors about the benefits of Net Zero Energy
- Avoid trips by using alternative transportation:
- Walk, bike, ride the bus, carpool, rideshare, vehicle share
- Consider telecommuting to work
- Electrify your vehicle