Additional Rebate Just Announced!The Burlington Electric Department has partnered with Freedom Nissan in South Burlington to offer a $10,000 rebate to Burlington Electric customers who purchase a 2017 Nissan Leaf electric vehicle (EV), which has a battery range of up to 107 miles, between July 1 and September 30, 2017.
Read More »
Electric Vehicle Rebate
For the first time ever, Burlington Electric Department is offering Burlington customers a $1,200 rebate on the purchase or lease of a new electric vehicle.
For qualifying plug-in hybrid vehicles, we are offering a $600 rebate.
We are offering this incentive as part of our effort to meet Vermont's Renewable Energy Standard, which supports utility programs that help customers reduce fossil fuel use in the heating and transportation sectors. Electric vehicles reduce fossil fuel use and can save money on fuel and maintenance costs compared to conventional gasoline-powered vehicles.
Customers can purchase a qualifying vehicle from any dealership, and submit the rebate form below.
$1,200 Rebate - All-Electric
- BMW i3 (all electric version)
- Chevrolet Bolt
- Ford Focus Electric
- Mercedes Benz B250e
- Mitsubishi i-MiEV
- Nissan Leaf
- Smart Electric Drive
- Volkswagen e-Golf
All-electric vehicles must have been leased or purchased on or after May 30, 2017.
$600 Rebate - Plug-in Hybrid
- BMW i3 (with gas backup)
- Chevrolet Volt
- Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid
- Ford C-Max Energi
- Ford Fusion Energi
- Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid
- Toyota Prius Prime
Plug-in hybrids must have been leased or purchased on or after June 8, 2017.
Terms & Conditions
- The MSRP must be $50,000 or less.
- For the $600 plug-in hybrid rebate, the vehicle must have an EPA-rated electric range of at least 20 miles.
- This rebate is only for BED customers with active accounts.
- Vehicle must be registered in Burlington, Vermont.
- Limit one rebate per household or business.
- BED reserves the right to modify or end this offer at any time.
- This offer is valid through December 31, 2017.