Waste Wood Yard
111 Intervale Road, Burlington, VT 05401 | (802) 864-7446
Beginning Tuesday, August 11, 2020, the Waste Wood Yard at McNeil Generating Station will return to its summer hours:
- Tuesdays: 8am-4pm
- Thursdays: 8am-4pm
- Fridays: 8am-4pm
- Saturdays: 8am-4pm
Appointments are no longer necessary, but please be patient with our yard operator, who will limit the number of vehicles in the wood yard to ensure safe physical distancing. To keep everybody safe and healthy, the following rules that incorporate State of Vermont guidelines must be followed. Thank you for working with us to keep everybody safe and healthy.
- No more than 2 people per vehicle.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come.
- Please wear a mask or non-medical face covering for your visit to the yard.
What We Accept at the Waste Wood Yard
The yard accepts clean waste wood at no charge, including wood that has never been painted, stained, treated or glued; brush, tree trimmings, trunks and limbs up to six feet long and two feet in diameter; stumps up to two feet in diameter that are free of dirt and stones. Pressure-treated wood, plywood and particle board are not accepted, nor are cable spools unless completely disassembled and all hardware removed. Nails, screws, and staples in wood are accepted, but not spikes, hinges, straps or heavy metal appendages of any sort.
- We are now accepting yard waste including leaves.
- We will still accept wood debris from commercial landscapers, but not yard waste.
- We no longer accept commercial landscapers' loads of yard waste at the McNeil Station waste wood yard.
- All commercial landscapers must deliver directly to Green Mountain Compost at 1042 Redmond Road in Williston.
- The Waste Wood Yard does not accept compostable items (food scraps).
- Household food waste must go to the composting facility on Redmond Road.
The wood that is dropped off there is generated into electricity at the McNeil Generating Station.