Waste Wood Yard
111 Intervale Road, Burlington, VT 05401 | (802) 864-7446
Appointments are no longer required.
Current hours for the Waste Wood Yard at McNeil Generating Station are:
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 8am to 4pm
The following safety rules that incorporate State of Vermont guidelines must be followed:
- No more than 2 people per vehicle.
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come.
- Unvaccinated people, please wear a mask or non-medical face covering for your visit to the yard.
- Please be patient with our yard operator, who will limit the number of vehicles in the wood yard to ensure safe physical distancing.
- For the health and safety of our customers, no one is allowed to climb on the pile or pull out wood or pallets.
Thank you for working with us to keep everybody safe and healthy.
What We Accept at the Waste Wood Yard
The yard accepts clean waste wood at no charge, including wood that has never been painted, stained, treated or glued; brush, tree trimmings, trunks and limbs up to six feet long and two feet in diameter; stumps up to two feet in diameter that are free of dirt and stones. Pressure-treated wood, plywood and particle board are not accepted, nor are cable spools unless completely disassembled and all hardware removed. Nails, screws, and staples in wood are accepted, but not spikes, hinges, straps or heavy metal appendages of any sort.
- We accept yard waste, including leaves, from individual residents.
- We accept wood debris from commercial landscapers, but not yard waste.
- All commercial landscapers must deliver loads of yard waste – leaves and trimmings – directly to Green Mountain Compost at 1042 Redmond Road in Williston. No wood waste of any kind is accepted at GMC.
- Commercial landscapers with mixed loads of leaves and woody debris must go to the CSWD Drop-Off Center at 1492 Redmond Road in Williston.
- The Waste Wood Yard does not accept food scraps.
The wood that is dropped off at the McNeil Generating Station is generated into electricity.