Lawn Mowers & Leaf Blowers
Electric Lawn Mowers (Residential)
Because many conventional gas and diesel lawn mowers do not have strong emission controls, they are widely recognized as a major source of smog-forming air pollution. In fact, a 6HP diesel or gas mower running for an hour creates the equivalent emissions of driving your car 160 miles. (source)
Not only do old-fashioned lawn mowers burn fossil fuels, they also create ground-level ozone and haze. And, an estimated 17 million gallons of gas is spilled each year as we refuel the mowers, which can pollute drinking water.
Receive up to $100 toward the purchase of a new electric lawn mower.
Switching to an electric lawn mower can significantly reduce the number of toxic pollutants directly released into the air. And since Burlington runs on 100% renewably-sourced energy, there is an environmental benefit to mowing with an electric mower.
Burlington Electric Department wants to help you make the switch. We are offering a $100 rebate on the purchase of a new electric lawn mower. See terms and conditions.
Electric Lawn Mowers (Commercial)
Receive $3,500 for the purchase of a new commercial-grade lawn mower.
Electric commercial-grade lawn mowers have many benefits:
- Over its lifetime, it will save you money due to lower fuel, maintenance, and repair costs.
- There are environmental benefits including air pollution reduction.
- Electric lawn mowers produce about 1/3 the sound intensity of conventional gas or diesel mowers of similar horsepower.
- Commercial lawn mower rebates are limited to following models:
- Mean Green: WBX-33, DWBX-48/52, SK-48, NXR48-52, CXR-52/60, Rival-52/60, EVO-74
- Greenworks Lithium Z: GZ 48R, GZ 48S, GZ 52R, GZ 52S, GZ 60R
Electric Leaf Blowers
Because gas and diesel leaf blowers do not have strong emission controls, running them for an hour can create the equivalent emissions of driving your car 100 miles.
Receive up to $200 for the purchase of a new commercial-grade leaf blower. Residential accounts are eligible for up to $40 back.
Switching to an electric leaf blower can significantly reduce the amount of toxic pollutants released into the air. And since Burlington runs on 100% renewably-sourced energy, there is an environmental benefit to using an electric leaf blower. See rebate form for terms & conditions.
- Raise the Blade – Lawn Care Tips for Green Lawns
- What To Do With Your Old Mower (CSWD)
- Eco-Equipment Supply: The Environmental Benefits of Electric Mowers
- New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services: Take Steps to Limit Air Emissions: Use Electric Lawn & Garden Equipment
- Washington University in St. Louis: Turning Over a New Leaf: Leaf Blowers and Lawn Mowers