Centrally Ducted Heat Pump
Rebate Amount: $1,125 – $9,000 ($1,500 per ton)
- Plus $400 per condenser for qualifying customers
Total rebate will be capped at 75% of the installed cost. Pre-approved weatherization may be eligible for a 50% (owner-occupied) or 75% (rental) rebate.
This rebate is available to all BED residential and small business customers in existing buildings. For new construction projects, please contact BED for separate rebate offerings.
This rebate will be issued in two parts:
- The BED rebate given to your contractor when they purchase the eligible equipment from their distributor. This rebate should be shown on your contractor’s quote reducing the price of the installation. Check with your contractor about this additional rebate. This rebate from your contractor is included in the 75% maximum rebate.
- BED’s mail-in portion with check sent to you after completing the on-line rebate form.
Natural gas customers should be advised that heat pumps will likely increase annual heating costs while reducing a home’s carbon footprint.
Rebates are designed to support heat pump installations that displace a significant percentage of the space heating load of a building and are installed in the main occupied spaces. Garages, auxiliary buildings and other smaller spaces are not eligible without prior approval from BED.
Have the following items ready:
- Your Burlington Electric Department account number. It is printed on your monthly bill.
- A scan or photo of your contractor’s invoice marked “Paid in Full.”
- If doing the heat pump install along with a new furnace, please have your contractor breakout just the heat pump installation cost as BED’s total rebate is capped at 75% of this cost.
- If you are financing through VSECU, VFCU, or GMCU: a scan or photo quotes from your contractor.
Terms & Conditions
- CDHP must be installed after 1/1/2021.
- This rebate form must be submitted within 60 days of installation.
- Total rebate amount (including contractor rebate, this online rebate, and low-income bonus rebate) is limited to 75% of installed cost.
- Limit 1 rebate per household or business.
- Equipment must be purchased through local participating qualified professionals and HVAC Distributors only. Customer sourced equipment is not eligible.
- Equipment must be on Qualified Product List.
- Contractors are required to secure permits from Burlington’s Permitting and Inspections Dept.
- BED reserves the right to modify or end this offer at any time.