Skip to content
Net Zero Energy News
- Burlington Green Stimulus Incentives Are Working and Have Been Extended into 2021 January 26, 2021 - Heat Pump Installations Under BED’s Net Zero Energy Programs Have Increased Fivefold and Allowed More Low-and Moderate-Income Burlingtonians to Strategically Electrify
- BED and DPW Encourage Burlington Residents, Businesses, and Nonprofits to Apply for Financial Assistance to Pay Past-Due Utility Bills December 3, 2020 - Grants Up to $10,000 Available to Help Burlingtonians Impacted by COVID-19; Deadline Is December 15
- Burlington Electric Department Awarded $550,000 from Economic Development Administration August 14, 2020 - Grant Will Provide Loans to Help Burlington Businesses Impacted by COVID-19 Make Building Ventilation and Energy Efficiency Improvements
- Milestone Step Forward to Phase 2 of Updated District Energy System Project February 13, 2020 - U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy Secures Significant Federal Funds for District Energy Projects
- Green Mountain Transit, Burlington Electric Department Unveil First Two Electric Transit Buses January 28, 2020 - New Buses Will Provide Clean, Quiet Transit for Burlingtonians along Routes Running through the City, Reduce Carbon Emissions, Encourage Transit Ridership, Keep More Dollars in Local Economy
- BED Launches Preferred Electric Vehicle Dealership Network January 23, 2020 - Local Dealers Partner with Burlington Electric to Make EV/PHEV Buying and Leasing Easier with Point-of-Sale Rebates and Sales Staff Trained in EV Technology
- New State of Vermont Electric Vehicle Rebate December 18, 2019 - Combine with Existing Rebates and Tax Credits Stack Up to Big Savings for Vermonters, Making Driving Electric Even More Affordable
- Burlington Electric Department Recognized as Smart Energy Provider November 6, 2019 - BED joins public power utilities nationwide that received designation.
- Vermont Ranks Third in the Country for Energy Efficiency October 1, 2019 - Marks 11th year since 2007 that Vermont has ranked in the top five nationally.
- 3rd Annual Burlington Electric Department Home Energy Tour September 19, 2019 - Saturday, October 5, 2019 10:00am - 1:00pm