Skip to content
Net Zero Energy News
- Mayor Miro Weinberger, Burlington Electric, and Partners Announce New Incentives and On-Bill Financing Program January 11, 2023 - Coupled with State and Federal Funds, New and Expanded Electrification Incentives Will Provide Significant Financial Assistance to Burlingtonians
- Public Meeting: Update to BED’s Energy Efficiency Program Plans December 6, 2022 - Join us: December 12, 2022 6:00pm
- Burlington Electric Celebrates Net Zero Energy Calendar Contest Winners November 30, 2022 - Fourth-graders' creative artwork promotes Net Zero Energy, sustainability, efficiency, and more.
- BED Announces Partnership with ARC Industries to Pioneer New, Leading-Edge Wind Turbine at Burlington International Airport November 2, 2022 - The Burlington Electric Department (BED) today, joined by Mayor Miro Weinberger, ARC Industries Founder and CEO Robert Monteith, and leaders from Burlington International Airport (BTV) and the Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund, announced a partnership with ARC Industries to pioneer ARC’s new, leading-edge wind turbine – The Orb – at BTV in pursuit of Burlington’s goal of becoming a Net Zero Energy City by 2030.
- Burlington’s McNeil Generating Station Uses Sustainably Harvested Wood October 27, 2022 - Burlington Electric Department's forestry team regularly visits the landowners we purchase wood from to ensure they are harvesting sustainably.
- Burlington Electric Department Outlines Fiscal Year 2023 Rate Change Plan May 18, 2022 - 3.95 Percent Rate Increase Proposed; Average Residential Bill Will Increase $3.10 Per Month; BED Residential Rates Projected to Continue to
- Mayor and BED Redouble Electrification Efforts to Become Net Zero Energy City January 27, 2022 - New and Expanded BED Electrification Incentives Announced
Series of Town Hall Meetings to Engage Community in Net Zero Energy Goal to Start in March
Legislators Weigh In on Importance of Supporting Burlington’s Net Zero Energy Goal with Action in Montpelier
- Voters Strongly Support Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond December 7, 2021 - Burlington, VT – Today, voters overwhelmingly approved the $20 million Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond for Burlington Electric Department with
- Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond September 27, 2021 - BED is pleased to present the Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond proposal to our community as a fiscally-responsible approach to
- Mayor Weinberger and Burlington Electric Department Propose Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond September 1, 2021 - Strategic Electrification to Double; Green Stimulus Incentives to Continue; Moody’s Affirms BED A3 Credit Rating