Skip to content
Net Zero Energy News
- Sustainable Forestry To Produce Electricity November 7, 2023 - Burlington Electric Department's professionally licensed foresters share details about forest management methods.
- Partners Energize Innovative UVM Solar Research and Training Facility Located at McNeil Generating Station October 30, 2023 - Renewable Energy Array Will Provide Solar Research, Training, and Funding Opportunities for UVM, Serve as Step Toward McNeil Becoming Innovation Campus
- Burlington Unveils Vermont’s First All-Electric Bucket Truck August 24, 2023 - BED’s E-Bucket Truck for Line Crew Replaces Fossil Fuel Truck In Important Step toward Net Zero Energy
- Oakledge Park Home to Burlington’s Newest EV Charger August 4, 2023 - Dual-Port, Level 2 Charger is First Installed at any Burlington City Park
- Burlington Issues 2022 Net Zero Energy Roadmap Update June 13, 2023 - City Ahead of Pace in Ground Transportation Sector; More Progress Needed in Building Sector; Overall Emissions Remain Lower than 2018 Baseline.
- Vermont Enacts Groundbreaking Law to Help Highest-Need Drivers Switch to EVs, Save on Fuel Costs June 1, 2023 - Vermont Governor Phil Scott signed into law S.137, a bill that gives municipal utility Burlington Electric Department the power to create new incentives to help high-volume gasoline users switch to electric vehicles.
- Lake Monsters Customer Appreciation Nights May 31, 2023 - BED will be joining our Vermont Lake Monsters friends at the ballpark at the games on Thursday, July 6.
- Statement by Burlington Electric Department and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 300 Leadership in Response to Proposed Legislation Supported by Renewable Energy Vermont February 1, 2023 - Burlington, VT – The following leaders at Burlington Electric Department (BED) and International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 300 made
- Mayor Miro Weinberger, City Departments, Hula, BHS Students, and Environmental Partners Promote New Climate Policies to Help City Pursue Net Zero Energy Goal January 24, 2023 - Highlight Town Meeting Day Ballot Item that Would Include Carbon Pollution Impact Fee
- Rebates for 2023 January 13, 2023 - Burlington Electric Department customers now have available the best combination of electrification incentives ever along Burlington’s path to Net Zero