Mini-Split Heat Pump
- $2,100: Single-zone or multi-zone ≤ 2 tons or 24,000Btu/hr (1 ton = 12,000Btu/hr.)
- $2,500: Multi-zone > 2 tons (1 ton = 12,000Btu/hr.)
- $500: Second mini-split heat pump system.
- If you have already installed and received a rebate for a single- or multi-zone system in the past and are purchasing another heat pump system at your location, you must select the “Second System ($500)” option on this online form.
- $400: Enhanced rebate for qualifying customers (first system only)
- Customers in households with a gross income less than the limits listed below are eligible for the enhanced rebate.
|persons in household
|max. gross income
- This enhanced rebate is not available on second heat pump systems.
Total rebate will be capped at 75% of the installed cost. Pre-approved weatherization may be eligible for a 50% (owner-occupied) or 75% (rental) rebate.
This rebate is in addition to the $350-$450 BED rebate available to your contractor when they purchase the unit. This applies to both a first and second mini-split heat pump system. Check with your contractor about this additional rebate. This rebate from your contractor is included in the 75% maximum rebate.
This rebate is available to all BED residential and small business customers in existing buildings. For new construction projects, please contact BED for separate rebate offerings.
Natural gas customers should be advised that heat pumps will likely increase annual heating costs while reducing a home’s carbon footprint.
Rebates are designed to support heat pump installations that displace a significant percentage of the space heating load of a building and are installed in the main occupied spaces. Garages, auxiliary buildings and other smaller spaces are not eligible without prior approval from BED.
Have the following items ready:
- Your Burlington Electric Department account number. It is printed on your monthly bill.
- A scan or photo of your contractor’s invoice marked “Paid in Full.”
- If you are financing through VSECU, VFCU, or GMCU: a scan or photo of quotes from your contractor.
Terms & Conditions
- Heat pump must be installed after 1/1/2022.
- This rebate form must be submitted within 60 days of installation.
- Total rebate amount (including contractor rebate, this online rebate, and low-income bonus rebate) is limited to 75% of installed cost.
- Installed model must appear on the Qualified Products List.
- Limit 1 rebate per household or business (includes ductless and centrally ducted systems).
- Equipment must be purchased through local participating qualified professionals and HVAC Distributors only. Customer sourced equipment is not eligible.
- Contractors are required to secure the necessary permits from Burlington’s Permitting and Inspections Department.
- BED reserves the right to modify or end this offer at any time.