Our Customer Care phone system is experience technical issues. We are working to correct this. If you need to get a hold of us, please use our Contact Us form.
Need Help Paying Your Bills?
You may be eligible for one or more of the following assistance programs.
BED Temporary Energy Assistance Program
Temporary assistance is available through June 2022 to income-qualified customers in the form of a monthly bill credit to offset the new 7.5% rate increase.
Vermont COVID-19 Arrearage Assistance Program
VCAAP II provides financial help to Vermonters who may face disconnection for past-due balances for electric, landline telephone, natural gas, water or sewer, wastewater charges.
Vermont Emergency Rental Assistance Program
VERAP helps renters with pandemic-related financial challenges pay for rent, electricity, gas, water, sewer, trash removal, fuel oil, wood and pellets.
Net Zero Energy News
- An Investment in Reliability and Climate Progress September 27, 2021 - Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond aims to accelerate our climate progress while also making needed investments in our grid and infrastructure.
- Mayor Weinberger and Burlington Electric Department Propose Net Zero Energy Revenue Bond September 2, 2021 - Strategic Electrification to Double; Green Stimulus Incentives to Continue; Moody’s Affirms BED A3 Credit Rating
- Vermont’s Clean Electric Supply Delivers Carbon Progress in New State Report May 20, 2021 - Annual Carbon Emissions Inventory Reveals Biggest Emitters in Vermont Are Driving and Heating with Fossil Fuels, while Electric Supply Gets Cleaner
- Burlington Electric Department Proposes First Rate Increase in 12 Years May 18, 2021 - 7.5% Proposed Increase; Average Residential Bill Will Increase $4.92 Per Month.
- Burlington Green Stimulus Incentives Are Working and Have Been Extended into 2021 January 26, 2021 - Heat Pump Installations Under BED’s Net Zero Energy Programs Have Increased Fivefold and Allowed More Low-and Moderate-Income Burlingtonians to Strategically Electrify